As roofers we fix leaks, but what about our own leaks? Stop losing money on call-backs, haggling clients, wasted trips, and wasted supplies.
No need to enter the same information into a system multiple times. No need to lose time on brainless chores. Delegate those to Roof Chief — and put your hours to better use.
When you're not fighting fires every minute, you can focus on larger goals, like growing the business or closing more sales. You need to be in the driver's seat.
a complete system to help your entire business
anywhere you go
All your products, all your services. Your contracts, your language. Roof Chief is customizable and works the way you work.
Roof Chief will help you "up your game." You will look more professional because you will be more professional. People will notice — and your business will benefit accordingly.
Roof Chief was designed by a successful roofing contractor, specifically for roofing contractors. Roof Chief can't help knuckleheads who don't know the trade, but it will help make a good contractor profitable and happy.
"Roof Chief has opened our eyes. We are now able to know our profit before, during, and after our jobs. It's all easy — and now it's just part of what we do." –Amanda W., Ohio
"I've been in the business for twenty-five years. Roof Chief is my 'new toy' — it helps me across the board with the business. It's easy for this 'old timer' to use." –Scott, Moorpark, CA
"It's easy for me to see all my products and services. They're all nicely and neatly organized now, thanks to Roof Chief. I can focus on running a better business." –Shane, Johnson Design and Construction
"This thing is awesome. I can price jobs much, much faster with it. I can knock out three pretty complicated bids in about fifteen minutes." –Matt, California
"Totally easy way to get a list of needed items to the supplier. Easy to get crews going. I approve." –Martin S. (production manager), GreatWay Roofing
Improving your business today . . . and into the future
Roof Chief is not just software — it is a complete system for running your roofing business at its highest potential. Our service is not just computer-based, but people-based. We want to help you get going on Roof Chief as quickly and easily as possible -- and we are here to support you along the way. Read more about our approach by clicking the headings below.
in your business with Roof Chief?
Set up a time to talk to us.
This website is meant to give you an overview of Roof Chief -- and its workings and mission. This section, though, provides a more in-depth, nuts and bolts description of what Roof Chief can do.
Efficient page designed for both residential and commercial
clients — and multiple projects
- Access all your clients' key information and jump to different stages of the job.
- Quickly search for clients by name, address, phone number.
- Sort by customer type, lead source, job stage, salesman and more.
- Quickly capture key information for better business decisions.
- Access correspondence and email directly from Roof Chief.
Enter field measurements and details. Flexible to
handle unique details and other job-related variables
- Quick and simple for straightforward roofs. No wasting time entering irrelevant info.
- Powerful and accurate for more complex jobs.
- Customizable details and measurements for both commercial and residential work.
- Measurements automatically generate material list, labor, and dump fees.
Select your product. Quantity and rate are already calculated for labor, material and dump fees.
- Save time with quantity and rates already calculated for all products.
- Use easy On and Off buttons to select needed product.
- Real-time recap of material and labor as product list is updated.
- Edit pricing and quantity and add “odd-ball” items.
- Ability to have items start as “on.”
- Ability to round up or calculate product exactly.
- Group products in a clean catalog tree in your preferred view.
Price jobs for profit — ensuring that all job costs have been accounted for
- Quickly determine a sales price based upon your recommended Gross Profit Margin.
- Easily duplicate an estimate, making needed modifications to create options for clients.
- View side by side multiple options and present Good-Better-Best options.
- Recap of all Cost of Goods Sold and verify for accuracy.
Choose from a list of custom contract templates to quickly generate a proposal.
- Contacts can either be edited and either printed or emailed directly from within Roof Chief, saving time while still putting forth a professional image.
- Data like name, address, special notes, and pricing are merged into the contract saving time and reducing typing.
- Customize Special Notes by adding exclusions or “attention to detail” notes in the contract. This creates a professional image while also covering yourself.
- This is quick and easy via a drop down men --u and saves time by not having to type same items over and over. Can also be used for add-on items that are not included in the base price.
Access all the key information needed to produce the job on budget — and while generating a satisfied customer
- Seamless transition from Estimating to Production. Eliminate wasted trips.
- Access job photos and other key documents and forms from the production hub.
- Add key dates, product color selections, and production notes to easily produce a job.
- Be able to distinguish “backlog” from “in-progress” and “work produced.”
At a glance, view all the material needed to produce the job
- Using drag and drop, easily order material and adjust quantities for left over material in the shop and different suppliers.
- An email along with delivery dates, times, and notes can be sent directly to the supplier.
Price change orders and create a separate material list
- Create Changes Orders and have the information transfer over to the job close-out, saving time and ensuring accurate billing
Close out the job, make sure you made a profit, and thank the customer for the business.
- Create invoices to print or email to the customer
- Financial overview that includes a place for customer payments
- Enter receipts and labor to compare estimated vs. actual differences, gross margin, and identify costs that are “off.”
Our dashboard reports help you see the most important aspects of your business at a glance. You'll see what is working -- and where you need to improve.
- Leads by Source
- Leads by Customer Type
- Current Status of leads/Closing Ratio
- Total Outstanding prospects by sales amount
- Total Sales and Gross Margin
- Total Sales by Customer Type
- Backlog Report
- In Progress Report
- Total Billings and Margin Report